- 2 Kawan puff pastry
- 1 cup cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 can butter beans, drained and fork-mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten and mixed with 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the pastry from freezer. Discard the plastic film and leave to thaw.
- Steam the cauliflower, butter bean mash, pumpkin, onion and garlic for 15 minutes. Puree and add to the chicken broth. Scoop out into an oven-safe bowl.
- Brush both sides of the puff pastry with egg wash. Place the puff pastry on top of the oven-safe bowl with the soup. Thee egg wash on the side facing down seals the dough, while the egg wash on the top rends the pastry a lovely golden brown. Bake at 200° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- When ready, turn off the oven but do not open the door yet. The sudden change in temperature may cause the puff hat to collapse. Wait 10 minutes or so for the temperature to cool down before opening slowly.
- Serve warm.