Your shopping bag is empty
- 1kg chicken thighs or other chicken parts with bones (the bones give richer flavor to the gravy)
- 5 small shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 tbsp meat curry powder
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 cup coconut milk or fresh milk
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, skinned and diced
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 8 pieces or more Kawan Parathas
- Heat up the rice bran oil, garlic, shallots and curry powder. Brown the chicken pieces and sweet potato.
- Stir in the coconut milk (or fresh milk) and water. Add salt (some salt is required to season this dish and bring out the flavor of the chicken) and the cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the meat is tender (about 40 minutes)
- Turn off heat and serve immediately, or allow to cool and store overnight in the fridge.
- Serve with Kawan Parathas.