Roasted Chicken (Serves: 8)
Posted by NURMARINA ABDULLAH TAMIN
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 bulb of garlic, broken up
- 1/2 cup Kawan sweetcorn
- 1/2 cup Kawan green peas
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- Sea salt
- 300g pasta (any type)
- 120g Australian kale, julienned
- Place the chicken drumsticks in an oven-safe pan. Brush the chicken with olive oil and coat thoroughly with turmeric, cumin and sea salt.
- In a separate pot, boil the pasta (to a minute less than the instructed time)
- Toss in the sweetcorn, green peas, cherry tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and oregano into the roasting pan with the chicken. Roast at 200°C for 40 minutes.
- To check if the chicken is well cooked, cut through to the bone and make sure the flesh is white and not pink. Scoop out the chicken and vegetables.
- The pan should still contain gravvy and oil from the roasting process. Add the cooked pasta and julienned kale and pan-fry briefly at medium heat until the kale wits to the desired consistency.
Sale 70% Off
Title for image